Ebling Library
History of the Health Sciences Schools at the University of Wisconsin Madison
University of Wisconsin Madison
Ebling Library University of Wisconsin Madison
     


Medical Facilities
Dormitory Buildings


Nurse's Dormitory 1924
The first nursing students resided at 424 Randall until the new dormitory was built in 1926.


Photo courtesy of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Archives



 

Nurse's Dormitory
Located at 1402 University Ave. It was completed in 1926 "with a separate
dining room and the necessary resources for a gracious and comfortable environment."
Nursing students received free room and board for the care of the patients at the Wisconsin General Hospital.
Cost of the building was $150,200.



Photo courtesy of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Archives

 

Intern's Dormitory
Built in 1951, it was located at 427 Lorch Street and was also known as Taylor Hall.


Photo courtesy of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Archives

 

     
     

This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, US Code).

 
memorabilia facilities people